Fincent is a new age finance firm whose mission is to bring financial and accounting services into the modern era. We like to think of ourselves as all of the good parts of a startup, without the downsides. We're a tight-knit team of smart, friendly people solving problems together with a shared passion for design, technology and creativity.
Fincent stands at the intersection of neo-banking and SaaS and aims to be a complete financial hub for SMBs. We offer an AI-powered finance team with a real-time dashboard to manage all the finance functions for your business on one platform - bookkeeping, yearly taxes, bill payments & invoicing, financial projections & budgeting, reimbursements and more.
Fincent is growing fast, which means that our core teams must constantly be evolving to sustain and further this growth.
About the role
We are seeking a full time QA Engineer whose primary responsibility will be testing across desktop browsers and mobile platforms. You should be able to facilitate the discovery, documentation, and communication of software issues clearly. So if you have experience as a test engineer working in a fast paced setting with tight deadlines and if you want to fulfil a crucial role in a highly motivated and talented team then this job is for you.
What you'll be working on
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers and product managers to define the testing strategy
- Create test plans and test cases for user acceptance and regression testing
- Execute the test plans manually or through automation
- Monitor open issues, communicate risks and follow through until remediation
- Design, build, test and deploy effective test automation solutions
- Maintain and enhance automation frameworks that can be used by both Development and QA
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Define, improve and implement QA best practices
What makes you a great fit
- 2+ years of professional experience in software testing
- Experience developing test strategies, test plans, and test cases
- Proficiency with test management and defect management tools (Linear, Testpad, Jira, PivotalTracker, etc.)
- Exposure to debugging tools (Browser Inspector, Charles Proxy, etc.)
- Exposure to API testing using tools like Postman
- Experience defining regression plans based on risk analysis of the requirements
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- A fast learner with good problem solving and analytical skills
- Fluency in English, verbal and written
- Excellent coding skills using scripting languages (Python, Shell or Typescript)
- Experience with UI automation frameworks
What's in it for you?
If you’re someone who thrives in a dynamic and collaborative workplace, Fincent provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired daily.
This is not the first company for this founding team, and we know how to build sustainable teams by investing in great people, benefits, professional development and work/life balance. As an early member of the team you’ll be an influencer and a key contributor to driving the success & growth of a company that's changing what's possible in the industry.
If you want to work in a cutting-edge environment that will challenge you to relentlessly build a world leading financial OS for SMBs, where each day is different from the next and your learning never ends – then join us for a cup of coffee and an exploratory discussion.
Share your story and resume with us on [email protected] and tell us why!