Full Stack Web Developer
Fincent is a new age finance firm whose mission is to bring financial and accounting services into the modern era. We like to think of ourselves as all of the good parts of a startup, without the downsides. We're a tight-knit team of smart, friendly people solving problems together with a shared passion for design, technology and creativity.
Fincent stands at the intersection of neo-banking and SaaS and aims to be a complete financial hub for SMBs. We offer an AI-powered finance team with a real-time dashboard to manage all the finance functions for your business on one platform - bookkeeping, yearly taxes, bill payments & invoicing, financial projections & budgeting, reimbursements and more.
Fincent is growing fast, which means that our core teams must constantly be evolving to sustain and further this growth.
About the role
Are you interested in being part of an early stage startup? Would you like to get in on the ground floor and work with the Growth team to build an amazing website?
At Fincent, we’re taking finance and accounting services into the modern era. Fincent is at an intersection of neo-banking and SaaS- the complete financial hub for SMBs.
Why you'd want to join us
- You’ll get equity in a fast growing startup
- You’ll have a say in growth and product strategy
- You’ll be a key contributor in driving the success & growth of a company
You'd fit right in if you
- Have an appetite for impeccable design
- Want to build world class web experiences
- Have a structured approach to solving problems
- Want the ownership & financial return of building a startup
What we’re seeking
- 4 years of work experience
- Comfortable adopting CSS Frameworks like Tailwind
- Experience writing highly performant, light-weight semantic HTML that is accessible and SEO-friendly out-of-the-box
- Experience with PHP based content management systems like Wordpress or Kirby
- Familiarity with code versioning tools, specifically Git
- Experience working with browser-based debugging and performance testing software
- Experience in instrumenting web pages to accurately capture events etc
- Experience with Linux Apache & PHP web server configuration and administration
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with .htaccess file management
- Knowledge of URL redirection and rewriting techniques
- Strong understanding of server-side technologies and web development principles
What your responsibilities will be
- Own web development for fincent- build and optimize the website
- Optimize code to ensure responsiveness, efficiency and page speed
- Support efforts for increased user engagement and search optimization
- Build features and applications / tools with responsive design
- Develop website applications like calculators and similar tools
What's in it for you?
If you’re someone who thrives in a dynamic and collaborative workplace, Fincent provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired daily.
This is not the first company for this founding team, and we know how to build sustainable teams by investing in great people, benefits, professional development and work/life balance. As an early member of the team you’ll be an influencer and a key contributor to driving the success & growth of a company that's changing what's possible in the industry.
If you want to work in a cutting-edge environment that will challenge you to relentlessly build a world leading financial OS for SMBs, where each day is different from the next and your learning never ends – then join us for a cup of coffee and an exploratory discussion.
Share your story and resume with us on [email protected] and tell us why!